× Members

BAD ADVICE?

More
11 months 1 week ago #284743 by Ladybird007
BAD ADVICE? was created by Ladybird007
Back in Feb/March 2023 I had to renew my claim for PIP. I have Fibromyalgia and neck and back issues on top. I was quite ill at the time of the renewal date and as the deadline loomed, I rang and asked for an extension. I got one, but I may have taken some bad advice from the person on the phone. When I asked, “do I have to write ‘everything’ all over again 'if there is no change'?”, the assistant said, “just put NO CHANGE in the relevant boxes”! I did this, because there has been no change in my condition, but I now feel that was bad advice. I returned my form in March and still have not been dealt with. When I called they said it could be many more months due to the covid back-log, which is understandable. Although we cannot anticipate how they will deal with my claim, I have a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that I should have stressed my case all over again as if it was the first time claiming! Only time will tell when I get the response, but I regret being so vague even though I was very poorly at a time when brain fog bears heavily upon me. If it is rejected or reduced, I will probably be in an appeal situation. Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284759 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic BAD ADVICE?
Hi Ladybird007

In our guide, we advise that even if people tick no change - they still write an explanation and an update of their condition. However, there are plenty of people who don't do that - so you're not alone.

I can't tell you what the result will be, as there is always an element of luck in who is reading your form and what information you previously provided the DWP with.

If you have a telephone, video or face-to-face assessment you will have the opportunity to clarify at the assessment what daily living and mobility issues you have. If you have a paper-based assessment which is less likely - if the assessor thought they didn't have sufficient information you would be contacted.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid