× Members

Tax Credits to UC switch

More
11 months 1 week ago #284742 by Oscarab
Tax Credits to UC switch was created by Oscarab
Hi

I am totally confused by all of this and have no idea on what I do.

I have never claimed UC or anything like this but receive CTC and WTC - I do work but I am also bringing up 2 grandchildren on SGO - both who receive DLA - I myself receive PIP.

How will moving to UC affect us?

My husband is my carer/our carer - not in receipt of Carers Allowance at the moment but would it be best that he claimed this under UC??

How would it affect us with Tax Credits if he claimed this now?

Will we be better or worse off under these changes?

TIA

If they are our rights, why do we have to fight for them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 6 days ago #284775 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Tax Credits to UC switch
Hi Oscarab

CTC and WTC will be going, at some stage claimants in receipt of CTC and or WTC will be invited to apply for UC. Itis recommend not to apply for UC until you receive letter from UC inviting you to apply, if you apply before receiving the invitation letter then you will loose transitional protection.

A number of WTC/CTC had applied for UC when they received a leaflet sent out by HMRC informing claimants about applying for PIP and had assumed it was the invitation letter.

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation, they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid