× Members

Winter Payments

More
11 months 1 week ago #284740 by Hughie
Winter Payments was created by Hughie
Hi
I am sure this topic will have been covered to a great extent, but I unfortunately have a problem with my laptop and I cannot always access what I want to. Can anyone let me know about Winter cost of living payments? I went os State Pension October 2022, but I was still receiving UC (rent to my Landlord). I am not sure what I might hopefuly receive this Winter and I don't want to lose out because I don't know. I am on Enhanced rates of PIP and I understand I will receive an Autumn payment of £150, but no idea when. I also do not know if me and my Wife will receive the Autumn £300 as I am now a pensioner, but if so, when? I have heard about winter fuel payments, but no news yet. On the plus side, we have been awarded Discretionary Housing Payment backdated to last November (2022), but we have no idea if this will impact on anything going forward such as the cost-of-living payments. I have tried ringing certain numbers, but give up after waiting 50 minutes or so. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. This is so stressful as it just seems everything is gridlocked. No-one picks up the phones, no-one is out there to go to and it's hopeless. Thank You for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284754 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Winter Payments
Hi Hughie,

As far as I'm aware, the £300 cost of living payment for those on benefits will be paid sometime this month, or next. The £150 disability payment, was paid I believe in September some time - not sure if there's another due for those on PIP, but I could be wrong. I get PIP but haven't heard of another £150. I believe there's a one of £10 payment also for those on certain types of benefits, classified as a Christmas bonus, so with the cost of living these days, it may pay for your carrots and sprouts for Christmas dinner :).
I don't know anything unfortunately in relation to State Pension payments, but there's some really knowledgeable mods on here, and I'm sure when one is next online, they'll be able to give you additional information.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 6 days ago #284789 by Hughie
Replied by Hughie on topic Winter Payments
Thank you Chris. Much appreciated.
Hughie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
11 months 5 days ago #284802 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Winter Payments
Happy to help when I can Hughie.

Hope the payments help when they come through. You can also look at switching banks via MSE links, they can get you an extra couple hundred pounds for switching, and they do all the work for you. Only thing you have to do, is update your details with a new app, or online.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hughie

More
11 months 5 days ago #284821 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Winter Payments
Hi Hughie

Second Cost of Living payment – Help for Households

Millions of households are continuing to receive further support from government to ease financial pressures during 2023/2024.

The first 2023 payment of £301 was paid between 25 April and 17 May, a second payment of £300 will be paid between 31 October and 19 November, and the third payment of £299 will be paid by Spring 2024.

The payment will be made to people on these means-tested benefits: Universal Credit; Pension Credit; income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA); income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA); Income Support, and tax credits: Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit.

People need to have been entitled to payment during the qualifying period 18 August to 17 September or a payment for an assessment period ending within the qualifying period.

The Cost of Living Payment will be paid automatically, meaning those eligible do not need to apply or contact DWP or HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/...-of-living-payments/

Read more about the range of support available as part of Help for Households. helpforhouseholds.campaign.gov.uk

Gary

More
11 months 4 days ago #284844 by Hughie
Replied by Hughie on topic Winter Payments
Thank you Gary. Much appreciated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid