× Members

fit note and looking for work "commitments"

More
11 months 1 week ago #284559 by Miss Munch
Hi folks, i have a six month's fit note, which ends in approximately six weeks, it may well be that i ask my Dr for another one.. i have an interview at the job centre about my "commitments" and obligations - that in order to receive uc i have to be looking for work, my question is - with a fit note surely i have no obligations to look for work? Thankyou for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284574 by Gary
Hi Miss Munch

You are correct, but you have to accept a claimant commitment, you could be placed in group 1.

The conditions for claiming Universal Credit are set out in a "claimant commitment" that most people will have to accept at the beginning of their claim. If you are part of a couple, you will each have a separate claimant commitment that may be different from each other's.

People who may not need to accept a commitment include those who lack capacity, those who have exceptional circumstances  where it would be unreasonable to expect them to agree a commitment (this is decided by the work coach on a case by case basis), or, From 15 February 2022 people with a terminal illness and less than 6 months to live were also excluded, and from 4 April 2023 this was extended to 12 months.

There are 4 conditionality groups:

* Group 1. No work related requirements
* Group 2. Work-focused interview requirement
* Group 3. Work preparation requirement
* Group 4. All work-related requirements

www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Claimant-commitment-Universal-Credit

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid