× Members

PIP Rev

More
11 months 1 week ago #284551 by robby
PIP Rev was created by robby
Hi,

around 4 years ago, I had a PIP medical at an assessment centre and the retired ambulance paramedic who undertook my review, scored me my points and this was rubber stamped by someone at the DWP. A few days ago, I had another PIP review, but this time by telephone and by a nurse, but the question I am asking is this: will the nurse on the phone calculate my points score as the retired paramedic did and propose my PIP entitlement or will this scoring now be done entirely by someone at the DWP?
Even though my telephone review took around 2 hours to complete, I have a feeling that she sent everything straight through to the DWP as they acknowledged receipt within minutes of my review ending. They added that I would know the result within 6 weeks. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284562 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Rev
Hi Robby

The nurse will suggest the points you scored, and then the decision maker at the DWP decides whether they agree. If you want, you can ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This is a PA4.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: robby

More
11 months 1 week ago #284630 by robby
Replied by robby on topic PIP Rev
Thank you. In many ways, my PIP review took just under 3 hours to complete rather than just over 2 hours, which for me was a very long time. The nurse who called me seemed to have been very good and kind with me, but then this can often mean nothing, but i am keeping positive here and like everyone else, just what the whole thing done and dusted. It has been over a year now. Thank you again for your help, i will take your advice on this.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284639 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Rev
Hi robby,

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but just because they're nice, doesn't always mean they'll do right by you. My PIP assessment, the nurse was lovely, but I found out after my assessment, that the nurse was only 22 years old and still in training, and I got no points from her with a load of incorrect information on, basically lies - So if this happens to you also, I'd advise pushing all the way till the end. That's what I done, and eventually got my PIP back after going to the courts tribunal stage.

I don't think it's the people's fault doing the assessment, it's what they're told to do, but clearly their is a huge issue with lack of experience with a lot of the assessors.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284647 by robby
Replied by robby on topic PIP Rev
Hi Chris, thank you for your message. A retalive of mine had a phone review a year ago, the nurse who called was very nice and he got zero points and he just gave up and ended up with nothing. My last PIP review 4 years ago involved a face to face medical and i just got through and my assessor told lie after lie - so i know what they can do to a person. I will fight all the way to the end if i have to, its not in me to give up, but could i ask, when you went to a court tribunal, did you get someone to help you and to go with you and how did you do this? Thanks again Chris.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284691 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Rev
Hi robby,

Of course - I did, I got someone to go on my behalf - I couldn't go in as I suffer from social and travel anxiety, so the person had to explain that. But told me they were brilliant, and I got my decision in my favour not long after. The person exaplained that it was just too much for me to cope with, and that after doing an online assessment, I believed I was entitled to standard on both, which I got.

Regards, Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid