× Members

Pip criteria.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284606 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip criteria.
Thank you very much Chris. That is extremely helpful and ive wrote it down to remind myself. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284607 by Filey
Yes, I agree and thank you very much. This site is a god send! Thanks again.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284619 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Pip criteria.
Hi Filey,
Make sure you consider what reasonable adjustments are made for your son to enable him to work. Perhaps a report from the employer could help?
Good luck.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284633 by Filey
Thank you. Ive already spoke to my son about a report from work but he refuses. He says he's feels embarrassed and that he doesn't want to ask them. Again, another example where he will not ask for help etc, as one of the things dwp have said, that because he can work that he has the ability to ask for help. Even though at the last tribunal in 2017 , the Judge and panel saw his difficulties with communication and engaging and wrote on their statement that he is significantly limited for both these descriptors and awarded 4 points for each one. Filey.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284634 by Filey
Do you think I should add to the report that my Son will not ask for a report etc? I know you can't tell me what to do , I was just wondering if it was worth mentioning. As now he is an adult I can't just ask myself like I use to do when he was at school etc.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284638 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip criteria.
Hi filey,

I think you can only advise your son so far. As harsh as this seems, sometimes a shock like losing PIP, or being declined can help push you. I totally understand, as I'm quite like that myself - this is why I use words, rather than actual communication, because I find it so much easier. It may be worth seeing if your son can do that ?

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid