× Members

Pip criteria.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284544 by Filey
Pip criteria. was created by Filey
Hi all. Could you please tell me how long the 4 components criteria to be eligible for pip has been around for, eg: since 2015, 2016 etc? Has there been any change to them since 2017? I'm asking as I am doing a pip tribunal appeal for the second time. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284568 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip criteria.
Hi Filey

I am not sure what you mean by the four components criteria to be eligible to claim PIP unless you are taling about reliably, this means;

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

In answer to your question how long have they been around, I have no idea.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip criteria.
F

Assuming you mean the reliability criteria that Gary mentioned then they were enacted at the same time as PIP in 2013. There have been no changes but an Upper Tier Decision has provided more clarity on the operation of "Safely", see the PIP guide for more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284586 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip criteria.
Thank you. Yes, I just wanted a rough idea when the reliability was introduced as I didn't know if it was something new they had added. This is the second tribunal I am doing and dwp have said my son doesn't meet the criteria because of working, where as the last time with the tribunal dwp said something different and he was working then and we won the tribunal . If all that makes sense! Thanks again.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284597 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip criteria.
Hi Filey,

Me personally, I'd use their own evidence of what they've said in the past against them. I have myself, and it worked when it got to the courts tribunal stage.

Regards, Chris

More
11 months 1 week ago #284600 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip criteria.
Hi Filey,

Yes, it makes sense, but as Gordon says, there is nothing new, just more clarity. The DWP will use what suits their narrative and unfortunately, it's up to the claimant to highlight when they clearly haven't considered something they should have done.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid