× Members

Tribunal advice

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284517 by Petermcgarry
Tribunal advice was created by Petermcgarry
I have been on members forum for lot of years now so I have had really good advice from you now am going to tribunal I got all my evidence the pip evidence back what was said at the assessment am just asking now long will be with all the evidence has been sent to me and what a Lawyer that works for pip said to advise the tribunal committee not to give me any more money or I could lose the lower pip am getting am trying to get mobility which i really do think am entitled to I have really mental health issues for age of 8years to now 61years off self harming if they any change to my routine also have had loads of injuries from a young age to now where a had my legs crushed now they are filled with fluid which am water tablets I get sciatica down my left leg 3years ago a fell again which one of my problems, which I tore oh my ligaments in my knee where I was told there was chance I might lose use of half leg because there was not much left of my ligaments and tendons which I now have to have compression stockings, knee brace, and a walking stick this all the affects my mobility which a struggle, getting into the car and getting out. I do not travel much distance because of my anxiety. Also, I have a range of other disabilities bulging disc in neck prostate trouble massive hernia which all affects me daily which I told this at the pip assessment so is this what they do getting pip lawyer telling the tribunal committee not to give me any more money because am still going tribunal so could you please advise thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #284529 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Tribunal advice
Hi Peter

I'm sorry you find yourself in this position.

I need to clarify a couple of things.

I understand that you are trying to get PIP mobility. Have you recently put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration after a PIP review? If you have, did you get a copy of the assessment report? It's a PA4 if you had a telephone, video or fact-to-face assessment and it's a PA5 if you had a paper-based decision. I hope that you have a copy of that report because you need to understand why you have been turned down for the PIP mobility. You can't go to the Tribunal if you have not been through the Mandatory Reconsideration process. If you have, then it's onto the Tribunal. I don't understand who this Lawyer is that you mention. No one tells a Tribunal to do anything. If you go to the Tribunal - the DWP submits papers and makes their case, and you submit your case for the appeal, and the Tribunal makes a decision.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by BIS.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284534 by Petermcgarry
Replied by Petermcgarry on topic Tribunal advice
Hi it what my support worker read to me I was to late to ask for PA4 because my support worker is new to all this but she very good with me it was a face to face assessment which I asked for to proof how bad my mobility is i was on the enhanced pip and no mobility so I really fighting for mobility is and there dropped my enhanced pip to the lower pip I have put in MR and got turned down that’s why am going tribunal so my support worker must have missed read what says about the lawyer I had very bad mental breakdown after the pip assessment went the doctors tell him I have been self harming again so he’s put into see the mental health nurse straight away but I think it’s now to late send any more evidence because they have sent all that package through 500 pages of my evidence, and there reason they are not giving me higher rate of pip and no mobility so is it now to late for getting PA4 if it’s is I just have to hope that the tribunal committee are fair and understanding if there is anything you could possibly advise I mostly will appreciate it, and thank you so much for your help

More
11 months 1 week ago #284541 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Tribunal advice
Hi Peter

You can send/upload additional supporting documents up to 2 weeks before the hearing, if you have either a telephone or video hearing.

If you have a face to face hearing can can take supporting documents on the day providing it is not very long, you usually need to take in 3 copies to give to the Tribunal members. If you bring in a large bundle of documents then they may adjourn the hearing.

If you have not already applied for the PA4 from the DWP, you will find a copy in the bundle of documents you have received. It is vital that you do go through the PA4 carefully with a highlighter, highlighting any inaccuracies, you will need to explain WHY they are not correct and try and tie it in with any supporting documents.

Check that all the documents you sent in are in with the bundle, if any are missing, then send a copy to HMCTS.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284553 by Petermcgarry
Replied by Petermcgarry on topic Tribunal advice
Thank you so much for advice your help is very appreciated and helps me so much so BIG THANKS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid