× Members

UPDATE : Appeal Granted by DWP

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286010 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UPDATE : Appeal Granted by DWP
Hi Chris77

You can do a paper appeal on a form called an SSCS1; www.gov.uk/government/publications/appea...-decision-form-sscs1
if you need to add extra pages make sure you add your name and National Insurance number on each page.

Include any additional supporting documents, don't send original as you will not get them back, add you name and NI number to each page and number each additional page.

Make sure you number each additional page you send i.e page 1 of 16, page 7 of 16, page 16/16. Make sure that you send the form off by recorded delivery and keep a copy just in case it goes missing.

You can hand write the appeal or type it, the options are yours, you will have to sign and date the bottom of the form. I have not completed a SSCS1 form since covid, I now do the appeals online as I get confirmation when HMCTS receive the appeal. The main document is the submission, which I usually do in a word document then copy and paste it online.

Appeals vary region to region which depends on what type of appeal you would prefer, face to face, video, telephone, paper. I cannot tell you which type of appeal will be more successful as they depend on the merits of each case.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: m3carlino@yahoo.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid