× Members

First pip payment

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284485 by Clarisse
First pip payment was created by Clarisse
Currently on DLA and submitted a claim for pip in June due to new conditions. Have recently been awarded pip but confused about first payment date:
Date of decision 9/10/23
First payment of pip 1/12/23 for period 9/11 to 30/11 then every four weeks after that.
From what I have read on here and other advice sites I thought I would receive one last payment of DLA after pip decision then first pip payment 4 weeks after that?
Received a DLA payment today 19/10 so shouldn’t first pip payment be 14/11?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy to have had a successful outcome but just want to check if there’s an error or not 🙂

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284505 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic First pip payment
C

Your DLA will remain in payment for four weeks after the date of the PIP Decision after which this will be paid four-weekly in arrears.

They usually try to line up the PIP Decision with your DLA payment dates but sometimes don't so it is possible that a partial DLA payment is still to be paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarisse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid