× Members

Help wanted with MR about HP’s telephone call

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284472 by Flossie1971
Hi there. Wondered if anyone could help. I’m currently writing my MR after being awarded the standard rate of the daily living component of PIP after review. I was on the higher rate (which was awarded at tribunal) but this time the HP has awarded me 11 points so I’ve missed out by one mark. The thing is that I thought the way the HP contacted me was rather underhand. I had a call out of the blue from her to say she was doing a paper based assessment but just wanted to ask me couple of quick questions to corroborate what was written on my form. She rang two days later and I put her on speakerphone so my husband (who is my carer) could hear her as well. I foolishly didn’t have the copy of the form I filled in for the PIP review as I thought it would be done and dusted in a couple of minutes. Well, it went on for nearly half-an-hour. To me it felt like a telephone assessment as she was asking me about things that I had already put on the form. I could feel myself getting stressed and anxious and, in the end, my husband asked if it was going to take much longer as we’d been under the impression it was only going to be a quick call. She did then speed up with her questioning but I felt like I was being rushed and couldn’t answer her questions fully. I have a long history of complex mental health problems and my moods can fluctuate many times in a single day. I have now received a copy of the HP’s report and her main focus seems to be on what was said during the telephone conversation with me and my husband, even though it was meant to be a paper-based report. There are a number of inaccuracies in it about what was said and she has not included things that we did say that I think would’ve made a difference to the points I scored. Of course, because she rang saying it was only going to be a couple of quick questions, it was not recorded so it’s her word against ours I guess. Shall I mention this in my MR? I do feel a bit hoodwinked and upset about the way the assessment was carried out. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284502 by Gordon
F

You can mention it in your MR request but in all honesty, it's not going to make much difference, the area to concentrate on is the discrepancies in the report as this is what the Decision Maker was looking at.

There is a guide in the PIP area under appeals which may help you deal with the assessment report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284514 by Flossie1971
Replied by Flossie1971 on topic Help wanted with MR about HP’s telephone call
Ok, thanks Gordon, I’ll take a look.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid