× Members

Time sick for pip rejection

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284460 by Sassy
Time sick for pip rejection was created by Sassy
Hi.
I have had my standard rate pip removed after assessment. I have bipolar, anxiety disorder and alcoholism. The report state that as i work (from home) 2 days a wk and then also attend a 12 step meeting on 1 day and yoga on another sick days are not on the majority of days.

My points are.

12 step meeting is mutual aid treatment of alcoholism.

Yoga is an accessible community class and actually a safe space i use for the well-being of my physical and mental health.

They are both an hour long and so i have the rest of the day at home. My total hours active therefore are 15pwk at work and 2 in theraputic activities.

I could not complete the doctors health referral earlier this yr due to anxiety over the sports centre and motivation.

I do above activities to support my well-being. They are with people i know and tbf my attendance is appauling!

Even with full attendance i am still sick more than 50% of the time.

Where does it say that your 50% needs to be jammed into a specific set of days? What if i worked 15 hrs over 4 days?

They also point to me using phone at work, but this is not 7.5 hrs a day! It is also planned. Mostly I am not on phone.

I still recieve prompts etc whether im working or not.

What do i do please 🙏

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Time sick for pip rejection
S

You need to go back to basics, what Descriptors did you meet the last time you were assessed? This is your starting point, how would your working or your attending these meetings affect your doing these activities?

Have you got a copy of the assessment report? If not phone the DWP and ask for a copy of the PA4.

You have one month from the date of the Decision, ideally, you want the DWP to receive a copy of your Mandatory Reconsideration before this, but you can make a Late request but the DWP need to accept your reasons for the delay.

There are guides in our PIP area for requesting an MR and tackling the issues raised in the PA4.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid