× Members

ESA 50 form, why now

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284458 by brianljnr
ESA 50 form, why now was created by brianljnr
Hi all, last week I received an ESA 50 form that I am supposed to fill in and I am at my wit's end. I have been on ESA for 12 years after having an accident while I was a self employed builder and after operations and every treatment under the sun I was told that I probably would have constant pain in my shoulder for the rest of my life, I then found I had fibromyalgia and then anxiety and depression were I tried to kill myself twice. I also have been getting pip enhanced and motility for the past 6 years and then this ESA 50 came through the door and I just can't understand why now and it has set me back years and back into the dark days of depression. Is this a regular thing or am I just paranoid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284467 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic ESA 50 form, why now
Hi brianljnr,

It could be to do with the migration to Universal Credit, as the government are changing things yet again. I totally understand where you're coming from in relation to the "dark days".

I'm hoping one of the more experienced mods can elaborate on whether it's due to the migration or not, when they read this.

Sorry I couldn't be of further help - when it comes to ESA, I don't really have much knowledge on that and the legacy benefits, but some of the other mods do, and I'm sure you'll get an answer to this when one of them is next online.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: brianljnr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid