× Members

Hostel pip advice for friend

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284439 by Oreobiscuit
Hostel pip advice for friend was created by Oreobiscuit
Hi a friend asked me to post this on there behalf

“ I have been filling out a pip form for reassessment and I have a question about my homeless hostel situation.

So in context I recently moved there, yet to inform DWP of change of address(will do soon though) but it says on the form

“Have you been in a care home, nursing home, sheltered housing, a resident college or hostel in the last 4 weeks”?

Then after it says:

“Are you paying all your costs for your stay without help from local authority, health authority, educational authority, DWP or charity”

I get housing benefit that pays most of the cost, with me needing to pay a service charge also by myself. I also get provided with meals there.

Will I end up losing my daily living component of PIP as a result of this, and also what does housing benefit come under on the form? Do I need to tick the hostel on the form or just change my address?

TIA!”

My friend is worried they’ll get there daily living pip suspended as a result of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hostel pip advice for friend
O

Housing Benefit is outside the question being asked, what they are asking is whether your Local Authority is paying for their accommodation directly, which from your post they are not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284519 by Oreobiscuit
Replied by Oreobiscuit on topic Hostel pip advice for friend
Hi thanks for your answer, what boxes should my friend tick then? Will he lose his DL of pip with housing benefit paying?

More
11 months 1 week ago #284536 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Hostel pip advice for friend
Hi Oreobiscuit

We cannot answer your question as we do not have all the facts, we would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk .
Most of my clients in supported accomodation receive housing benefits, it does not stop them from receiving the D/L component of PIP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid