× Members

health conditions pip

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284430 by Bugsy1943
health conditions pip was created by Bugsy1943
hi i am finding the pip form very difficult to complete i have read some where not to send in previous medical evidence from previous awards is this true?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284438 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic health conditions pip
Hi Bugsy1943,
I think it is important to include medical reports even if sent in before. DWP have a terrible habit of ignoring these!
Obviously if you can get up to date reports this would be better. However a report, even if a little old, confirming your diagnosis is normally worth sending in

If you are struggling with the form, think about each activity set. Can you do the activity, if not why not? Maybe some form of physical help or a gadget (aid or appliance) would allow you to perform the task? If you do need physical help you should score more. Make it clear on the form what help you need and why - give examples if you can. Say what goes wrong.
Do you complete the task slowly- consider if this is twice as slow as normally it should take.
Can you repeat the task throughout the whole day as many times as is reasonable? If not why not? What about fatigue, pain, breathlessness etc does this prevent repetition or doing the activity at a normal pace?
Also if you have pain etc then it is likely you don't reach an acceptable standard. This may also happen eg for cooking if you spill stuff and make a terrible mess, perpetual under or over cooked food could be unacceptable.
Finally think about whether there is any risk with the activity. Cutting yourself whilst cooking, falling over, drowning in the bath if you are epileptic. Not hearing traffic if you have hearing problems or maybe not even hearing a fire alarm if you took out hearing aids whilst in the bath.
Some descriptors are cumulative, some such as dressing or washing refer to different areas of the body which give higher points.
Remember that if 2 or more activities in one descriptor set apply equally you get the highest value points. Likewise, you can aggregate 2 activities in the set to take you over 50%.
To score, you only need to show that you have the difficulty for the majority of days. If you are not safe, can't repeat can do acceptably or are too slow you should score points appropriate to your level of difficulty.
( These 4 elements referred to above are the so-called "reliability criteria" - all 4 have to be met- if not you shoukd get points.

I have given a few ideas as to how to consider your disabilities.
I hope this helps. You can refer to the B&W Guides for more information. Or if you get stuck on any particular descriptor let us know and we will try and help further.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugsy1943

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid