× Members

Blue badge and parking bays

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284401 by housemouse93
Blue badge and parking bays was created by housemouse93
While I realise it’s not strictly something the site is about. But I wonder if members are aware and have any info about. My local council is taking 3 months to process an application even with automatic entitlement for blue badge and 18 months to repaint an existing parking bay. Before it used take just 2 weeks for the badge and maybe up to 6 months for repainting. I didn’t know how bad it had become until recently. I may well be dead before it’s done. I’ve already needed an ambulance twice because able bodied drivers think it’s ok to just park because they aren’t actually prosecuted. Any advice or groups active in doing something about this please ?
Thanks to this site and the mods who are all life savers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284419 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Blue badge and parking bays
Hi housemous93

You're right, your question is outside the forum's remit, but hopefully, someone can give you some advice.

My local council takes three months to process applications, too. I've no experience of how long it takes to repaint an existing parking bay.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: housemouse93

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid