× Members

ESA support group but no confirmation letter

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284351 by New guy
Hi
I was placed in the New Style ESA support group and get the payment regularly. However, I never received a conformation letter about it. I only got a text message from DWP 7 months ago advising me that they have back arrears for ESA Support group.
I wrote to the ESA Dept and requested a confirmation letter so I knew about my award but have heard nothing and it's been 5 months +.
I have also requested proof of benefits via gov.uk?; secure.dwp.gov.uk/get-a-proof-of-benefit-letter/ twice but again nothing has been received.
How can I find out more about my ESA Support group award please without having to phone them as that is very difficult for me due to speech?
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284369 by Chris
Hi New Guy,

I have been doing a bit of online research after reading your query, and have to admit, they're certainly not making it easy for you. You look like you've tried the options available to you.
Maybe's a bit of a silly question, but are you able to ask anyone who can call them on your behalf, and write down what you're wanting ?
I could only find the freephone number and link you've already supplied ( secure.dwp.gov.uk/get-a-proof-of-benefit-letter/ ) as a way of contacting them also.
Sometimes as difficult as it is, were the ones who have to make the adjustments in order to contact them, when they should have services like an online webchat available for example.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid