× Members

Unexpected Call

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284350 by MunchaKing
Unexpected Call was created by MunchaKing
Hi guys,
I'm not even sure I'm doing this correctly. But here goes.
I've resubscribed here as I found B &W so helpful before, with all the various guides and scenarios.
I'm now in a completely new and uncharted territory for me.
I sent off my 'review' forms at the beginning of the year, so spent months anxiously awaiting it's outcome. Then I received a letter saying my claim had been extended until next June, as they were experiencing a large backlog. I even had the proof letter of entitlement for my car tax etc.
I've not received any correspondence from them since the 'proof' letter.
Yesterday I did something I NEVER do, I answered my mobile to a withheld number. The voice on the other end said, I'm (can't recall her name) from (can't recall the name of her company) I'm calling about your PIP assessment. At that point I went in to utter freefall. I couldn't speak, I went totally off the scale with anxiety. I stammered something about I thought it was my daughter calling and I tried saying I was having a panic attack, and couldn't speak. She said shall I call you an ambulance, are you on your own. My husband was out, I was terrified of saying he'd popped out in case she used it against me. On all my forms I'd said "PLEASE DON'T TELEPHONE ME WITHOUT PRIOR ARRANGEMENT".
I felt she didn't believe me, almost felt she was sarcastic. I have an ICD fitted following a cardiac arrest 9 years ago. They are aware of this.
I've been in terrible state since that call yesterday afternoon. I just wondered if anyone's can help me, advise me. I'm in tears writing this. What can I do. I'm terrified of them stopping my money because I didn't talk to that woman yesterday.
Thank you so very much for reading this sorry it's such a long post. Love from a very distressed Nik xXx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284358 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Unexpected Call
Hi MunchaKing

I'm sorry to hear you had such a distressing incident. I know you're terrified, but please try not to be.

The woman may not have appeared to believe you, but she was following protocol to ask if you needed an ambulance to be called. She wouldn't have asked that question without just cause.

If your husband is able to, then I would get him to phone the DWP on your behalf. You will have to be there to confirm that he has your permission, but all you have to do is listen to two questions and say the word "Yes". Then get your husband to explain what happened. The call handler will be able to confirm which of the assessment services has your PIP form and was trying to contact you. They will give you the telephone number, and he will be able to contact them next week to find out what is happening.

They won't just cancel your claim. After each phone call, your husband should write a letter to the DWP confirming his conversation, what he asked and what the response was. Keep a copy. This is good practice for any contact you have with the DWP, and then you have a complete record of what is happening with your claim should you need to refer to it. (You should also keep a note of the phone call that you had yesterday. I know you probably don't want to think about it - but again it's important to keep a complete record).

Please don't make yourself ill over this. It can be sorted out.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284360 by MunchaKing
Replied by MunchaKing on topic Unexpected Call
Thank you so very much for all the information and suggestions above. I do really appreciate them
xXx
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid