× Members

PIP Review.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284322 by Green56
PIP Review. was created by Green56
Good Afternoon,

I wonder if somebody can help me with some advice.

I am going through the process of a PIP Review. In the past (for my Initial claim), I have sent a lot of medical evidence to the DWP. If I have to appeal the decision, will I need to resend all of that evidence to HMCTS?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284326 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review.
Hi Green56

It sounds as if you're jumping slightly ahead. If you don't like the award you receive from your PIP review - the next stage will be to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. If you didn't win the Mandatory Reconsideration, you could put in an Appeal. You will submit whatever evidence you want to the HMCTS, and the DWP will send in a bundle to the HMCTS, which should include all the papers you have previously submitted. The Tribunal Service will send you a copy of the papers. If there is anything missing, you can submit it yourself up to three weeks before a Tribunal takes place.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284363 by Green56
Replied by Green56 on topic PIP Review.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Does this mean then, that I won't have to resend evidence to HMCTS that I have previously sent to to the DWP, if I do have to appeal. All previous evidence would be part of my appeal, as unfortunately it never seems to be taken into account.

Many thanks.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284370 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Review.
Hi Green56,

All the evidence you've sent in should be included. You usually get a large brown envelope relating to everything that is going to the tribunal stage, after the MR, if you're wanting to escalate it that far.
Me personally, I always keep a copy of everything I've sent, and upon receiving the letter from the HMCTS, I'll check that there's everything I want them to look at, and if not, you can send it by post, or can even upload now online. You're usually given a really long number that relates to your case, on a sheet of A4 paper.
Remember to include your N.I no on all paperwork, just incase it's misplaced, then they can link it to your case.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid