× Members

Telephone Assessment- Report Received

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284272 by Tinkerbell
Telephone Assessment- Report Received was created by Tinkerbell
Hi I’m looking for some advice regarding contacting the DWP decision maker before I’ve actually received the decision. I used the guides on the site and found them extremely helpful, so was fairly confident that I would receive a good outcome! I was wrong ! This is my first claim for PIP , I started to suffer severe vertigo attacks last August and have been signed off work since then. I am now at the stage where I have been diagnosed with Ménière’s disease and am to be medically retired from the job I have done for 20 years and I love . I had my telephone assessment on Monday and today have received the report and I feel that there are soo many inaccuracies in the report and my condition has been totally underestimated . The assessment lasted just 30 mins but the report states 50 mins , there was no discussion on how I managed day to day , she even refers to my sister ( don’t have a sister, I’m an only child!) The thing that stands out to me most is that for every descriptor she consistently states that I report being unable to do something due to symptoms of dizziness- on my form and over the phone I have never referred to my symptoms as dizziness- vertigo is not dizziness and can last upto 9-10 hours. Other inaccuracies include not detailing all of my supporting evidence eg I sent 4 occupational reports but only one is listed. So my question ( eventually ! ) is do you think that I should write to the decision maker now or wait for their decision letter? Thanks for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284283 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Telephone Assessment- Report Received
Hi Tinkerbell

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

There is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284299 by Tinkerbell
Replied by Tinkerbell on topic Telephone Assessment- Report Received
Many thanks Gary,
I will write the letter today in the hope it will prevent a mandatory reconsideration

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid