× Members

Pip

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284397 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip
Hi Filey,

I totally agree with you - it is a godsend, and it's not just because of the hope that it gives you trying to win a fight for what's technically rightfully yours (in a manner of speaking) - but the fact also, that people genuinely care on here what happens to claimants, and other mods. I think it's great for learning too. I certainly know the first time i applied for PIP, I was absolutely clueless, and got help from someone on how to word things, and eventually won the case. The same happened again a year later, but as well as the person helping me again, I used some of the information I learnt on here, and my award went from 1 year, to 4 years. I think aswell that the judges, and medical experts when it goes to the courts, they actually understand what some of us are going through.
Based on my own experiences, it sounds like your son may struggle with depression also, and it can be a very dark and lonely place to be. Even with people around you, you can feel alone, and it shows great strength and character trying to soldier on, because it's certainly not easy at times. This government, and their unrealistic ideas certainly doesn't help either. I've worked none stop right since after college for over 20 years, but over the past 3, things have deteriorated, and I've lost jobs, and not always through any fault of my own. You feel like you've been victimised, and it can turn you bitter, so the bit extra support we get on here, and with the money, helps ease that neverending pain that we experience.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid