× Members

PIP renewal dismissed, no letter

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284218 by esmith
PIP renewal dismissed, no letter was created by esmith
I had a strange letter about esa, eventually got through and found out that that had changed as my PIP renewal has been totally declined and payments stopped 1st October. I've received no paperwork and have been on the phone for 2 hours trying to talk to them. So no PIP, reduced esa, presumably no cost of living disability payment, a good chance of being moved from the support group to the working group...I just feel sick.

Can I start the MR without the paperwork? Should I be seeking some sort of representation for the inevitable tribunal? I've been receiving DLA/PIP for over 25 years, nothing has changed, but they suddenly decide I need nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284230 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP renewal dismissed, no letter
Hi esmith

Something does not sound correct with your post, your ESA cannot change because you had an adverse result from your pip.

You do need to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation who will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284235 by esmith
Replied by esmith on topic PIP renewal dismissed, no letter
I don't know whether the PIP being turned down was enough to remove the disability premium off the esa?

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284236 by esmith
Replied by esmith on topic PIP renewal dismissed, no letter
I don't know whether it was enough to remove the disability premium part of esa? Unfortunately every local service offering welfare rights either I don't qualify for (eg age concern) or they are so overwhelmed they aren't accepting new enquiries.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284242 by must_not_tell_lies
Replied by must_not_tell_lies on topic PIP renewal dismissed, no letter
Yes, OP is correct. My ESA claim is directly linked to my PIP because of premiums. It is my gateway to entitlement. Without my PIP I am not entitled to ESA and have to claim UC.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284244 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP renewal dismissed, no letter
Hi esmith

I am so sorry that you find yourself in such a position.

I know you're having trouble getting to the DWP, but keep trying. As you've been told your PIP has now been declined, I would ring the PIP claim line and tell them that you wish to put in for an MR. Tell them you still haven't had confirmation of the decision and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will be a PA4 if you had a telephone or video assessment, and it will be a PA5 if you have had a paper-based assessment. Be warned that if you had a paper-based assessment some of our members have been told that no report was written. However, even if no report was written, you need to know why they have removed your PIP. It is difficult to put in for an MR if you don't know the reasons for it.

Don't assume that you can't win an MR and will have to go to Tribunal. I'm not suggesting it's easy - it isn't, but we have had members who have been successful at this stage. Obviously, it's harder if you have no support, but we have some excellent guides to help you through the process. You can return to the forum as often as you need to, and we will try and answer any questions you have.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid