× Members

Mental health award

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284208 by Jollies
Mental health award was created by Jollies
Hi,
I have a diagnosis of mixed anxiety and depressive disorder with BPD.
My award ends in February 2025. Will I get a reassessment in 2024? Also my award is higher rate daily living and lower rate mobility. I don't agree with the decision that I couldn't leave my house at all but never contested it as I was very unwell. Could I contest this now and could I be backdated?
Any help is welcome, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284209 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mental health award
Hi Jollies

You should receive your review form sometime in 2024, and you would expect the process to be completed before Feb 2025.

It's too late to challenge your last award. You needed to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration within four weeks of the date on the decision letter, or you needed to request a late Mandatory Reconsideration, which you can do up to 12 months from the date on the decision letter.

When you next put in your review form, you can mention what you think you should score for that particular question and say that you were too ill to challenge the decision last time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284212 by Jollies
Replied by Jollies on topic Mental health award
Thank you for the response. I also received no mobility after 2016 to 2018 when the rules changed on mental health and getting around. Should I have been awarded back pay for those dates?
Thanks.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284227 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Mental health award
Hi Jollies

We have no way of telling if you qualified, you need to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation who will be able to tell you; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid