× Members

IF MIGRATED TO UC, IS UNIVERSAL CREDIT FORM ONLINE OR ON PAPER?

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284134 by VIA
Dear fellow members and moderators,

If one is eventually migrated to Universal Credit UC ie because they are getting child tax credits, will the recipient have to fill in a Paper UC Form or fill one Online?

I prefer the option of filling in the paper form for UC that you fill in at ease, thinking about your answers carefully rather than having to fill it online.
As if online if one has to fill it in on the spot, one does not have the time to think carefully about the answers to their questions.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284162 by Chris
Hi Via,

From what I've read in the past about this, I believe you're contacted and have to make the change within 3 months. I would imagine it's done online as it's quicker for DWP staff, and more secure, however, I would imagine if you have difficulties with using a computer, that a request could be put in to complete the form on paper, however I am unable to confirm this. It may be better for you to contact your local jobcentre and see if they can advise you.

Kind regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284300 by VIA
Thank you very much,
I am wondering if you or anyone else knows if with this UNIVERSAL CREDIT UC Migration Form that you have to fill in online is the same as the UC50 PAPER FORM, if we have to explain how our disability affects our daily life or if it is just a brief online form to ‘say?’ we are migrating to UC?
Thank you.
Kind regards

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284316 by Chris
Hi VIA,

I've always been on UC - First time in my life end of 2020, on and off, so legacy based benefits are all new to me - Sorry. I would've thought though that it's just like making a new claim for UC, when you eventually get your migration letter. I know that you have 3 months to get completed, but I would imagine that you're put on normal UC, then have to start providing fit notes from the GP, before the DWP then get you to fill out the forms to see if you qualify for LCW or LCWRA after the HCP assessment.

I'll have a look online and see if there's any information about it:-

revenuebenefits.org.uk/universal-credit/...sitional-protection/

Not sure if this helps, but there's some information on this link - it may be of relevance ?

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid