Uc 50

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284132 by Colbeck20EA
Uc 50 was created by Colbeck20EA
Can some one help me
Im already recieving pip
And ive just made a uc ckaim and put a sick note in
Ive recieved a uc form 2 weeks ago and cant even get passed the first question
I have mental health issues and struggle with fibro can anyone please help with this form please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284159 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Uc 50
Hi Colbeck,

What is the question you are struggling with? , and I'll try help guide you.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284205 by Colbeck20EA
Replied by Colbeck20EA on topic Uc 50
Hi chriss thank you for your relpy
If im honest im struggling with them all really
Im already getting pip enhanced but this uc form is so different and confusing
So it would be great if you could kindly work through it with me as i really dont know how to word things
Exspeacialy in the parts of physical function
Thank you

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284214 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Uc 50
Hi Colbeck20EA

I'm sorry that you're struggling with the form. It's difficult for us to advise you what to write when we don't know you and can't understand the extent of your disabilities. In a previous post Gary has explained the process and how it works.

First off have you had a look at the guide ESA and UC Claims for Physical, Mental Health and Learning Difficulties: A Guide to the Limited Capability for Work Assessment? I know it seems daunting, so just take one question at a time. It's important that you read the information to make sure that you give them the same answers that you gave on your PIP as they could look at your PIP assessment report.

I know you've said you are struggling with describing your physical difficulties. Don't worry about it being word perfect. I may feel like it, but it's not a test. The first question is How to explain problems with: 1. Moving around and using
steps. You have fibromyalgia, and clearly it is going to have an impact on your mobility. Look through the criteria and decide which one applies to you. Then you need to put in an explanation. Do not assume the person reading it will have any understanding of your fibromyalgia. Describe what it's like for you for the majority of the time.

How does the pain affect you going upstairs?
Do you get breathless going upstairs because of the pain?
Do you have to stop halfway up the stairs? Do you have to grip onto a single handrail or two?
Do you find yourself feeling faint because of the pain from your fibro?
If you do feel faint, what do you do? Do you need support to get upstairs?
Have you tripped trying to navigate the stairs because of your fibro?
Do you avoid going up and down stairs because of your fibro pain?
Does it take you much longer to get up the stairs than someone who doesn't have fibro? Would you be able to go up and down stairs more than once in a short space of time?
Are you safe going up the stairs ...

No two people experience fibro similarly, so you have to tell your story. I've just given you some examples of things you can write about. You don't have to use any of what I have said - you may have others that are more suited to you and your fibro. I know it is daunting, but don't give up. As I've said, just focus on one question at a time - look at the guide first because it will tell you what you should be aware of, such as which distance to tick.

So I hope I have given you enough information to get started. If you have any questions, come back, and we will try to help. Unfortunately, we can't write it for you. Don't lose sight of the fact - you are the expert in your own condition and how it affects you. Good luck.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284215 by Colbeck20EA
Replied by Colbeck20EA on topic Uc 50
Thank you i am most greatful for your help
I will try and make a start on this form and let you know how im getting on

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284219 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Uc 50
Hi Colbeck,

No problem at all. :)

Regards, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid