× Members

Pip review coming up

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284090 by emmarose35
Pip review coming up was created by emmarose35
Hi I have Pip reassessment coming up.
Can people give me their recent experinece of reapplying.
Have any changes happened since 2020?
Form still the same?
Under the pip tab here I can't see anything about reassessment?

Thanks
Emma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284114 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip review coming up
Hi emmarose35

The way to complete a PIP review form is to treat it as a new claim. You need to go to page 129 on the PIP guide to find details on the review.

A pip 1043 form is another name for an AR1 short review form, it should still say AR1 at the bottom left of each page. Its best to treat all reviews as you would a new claim.

If nothing has changed since your previous pip assessment, its best to explain in detail what has changed and what has stayed the same and how you’re finding each task.

If you have an up to date review of your treatment, therapy and medication it could be helpful to include this also.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

If you feel you do not have enough time to complete this form you should be able to arrange an extension by calling the DWP and explain that you need a bit extra time.

I hope all goes smoothly for you, try and fill in the form over a few days and take plenty of breaks, from previous experience I know this can be very stressful attempting filling the form all in one go, use our guide to help you complete the form; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284156 by emmarose35
Replied by emmarose35 on topic Pip review coming up
Thanks Gary that's very helpful..

So quote
A pip 1043 form is another name for an AR1 short review form, it should still say AR1 at the bottom left of each page. Its best to treat all reviews as you would a new claim.

Im not quite understanding this. So the 1043 form is the new name for the AR1 form? The review form?
I can't remember if the review form is shorter but I'd assume so?
Is there a copy of it on this site? Or can I access via Google?

Many thanks

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284173 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip review coming up
Hi emmarose35,

That's correct - from what Gary's said, a PIP 1043 and AR1 are the same, but it still says AR1 on the form at the bottom left of each page.

And also quoting Gary "You need to go to page 129 on the PIP guide to find details on the review" and follow:- benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip for a guide on how to fill in the form.

Everything you've asked, Gary has previously answered. :)

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284174 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review coming up
Hi Emmarose35

The 1043 is the name of the form. It has been updated. As Gary says it should still say AR1 on the bottom, but it may or may not do so. No, we don't have an online version of the form. Yes, the review form is shorter than the PIP2 form.

Gary suggests treating reviews as a new claim so people don't assume that the DWP has knowledge of your conditions or that someone will look back at your previous paperwork. Some people follow this advice and some others do it differently. You have to do what feels right for you. Just don't tick "no change' in the box without putting in some sort of explanation. If you read from page 128 of the Guide to PIP claims and Reviews it will give suggestions of how to fill in this form.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284318 by emmarose35
Replied by emmarose35 on topic Pip review coming up
Thanks both
That's great
Yep I had a review 3 yrs ago and although I don't think at the time anyone said to treat as a new review I did anyway and submitted LOTS of evidence..
My award got increased to enhanced for both so I was v pleased..
I've actually had further decline since then so I'll do my best to get it all across..

Thank u for your help
This forum is gold 🥇
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid