× Members

Assessment renewing my pip

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284079 by gary
Assessment renewing my pip was created by gary
Hi can I have some advice please. I get pip for severe angina, COPD, 7 heart stints,2 heart attacks, type 2 diabetes, Just recently I was diagnosed with inflamed ulcerative colitis. I sent the details to pip . I retire in January and my pip is up for a review. I got a message from pip for a telephone video appointment on the 11th of this month. I'm frightened they take my mobility off me and I'll be house bound. Any advice please from Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284103 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Assessment renewing my pip
Hi gary

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

You have not stated which components of PIP you receive, I would start from looking at our guides. Our guide to PIP claims and reviews goes through each question highlighting important issues that you need to consider in your answers and giving some sample answers; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284147 by gary
Replied by gary on topic Assessment renewing my pip
It's the full mobility I stand to maybe lose

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284171 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessment renewing my pip
Hi Gary

Make sure you have looked at the guide to PIP claims and reviews from page 128 onwards so that you are as prepared as you can be for your video assessment. It tells you what sort of questions you can expect to be asked.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284222 by am66
Replied by am66 on topic Assessment renewing my pip
Hi gary I’m sorry you’re so anxious, I just wanted to wish you good luck for your assessment tomorrow, I have my PIP renewal too tomorrow after two cancelled appointments and I completely understand. If your condition hasn’t changed you shouldn’t lose your mobility or your car, as others had said make sure you read the guide and explain to the assessor about your mobility difficulties. Don’t allow them to rush you. I think it very much depends on who you get as an assessor. Even if the worst comes to the worst you can appeal or before that ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Lots of information on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284228 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Assessment renewing my pip
Hi gary

If you have a look at our PIP guide at the link below you will see that there are a number of pages which include advice on telephone assessments. Yes, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don’t let the assessor rush you and get you flustered.
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

Don't forget to contact DWP 48 hours after the assessment and ask for a copy of the assessors report called PA4.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid