× Members

LEGACY ESA REVIEW

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #284005 by Gaddy
LEGACY ESA REVIEW was created by Gaddy
Hello Mods/ Fellow Forum Members

I am currently filling in my ESA form for review, last asessed in 2017 and that ended up at tribunal so I am stressed to say the least. The form states they don't want claiments to send internet print outs. One of my conditions is an eating disorder but not one of the more known ones such as anorexia, I have a NHS print out acknowledging my condition is recognised as a serious mental health condition so do you advise sending it anyway? Do they access information on claiments conditions and the effects if they are not familiar with it. I don't think I would trust them to research anyones medical condition going on my previous experiences.
Any thoughts/views much appreciated

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #284009 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LEGACY ESA REVIEW
Hi Gaddy

Ignore what they say, if you have a rare condition then send information about your condition and how it affects you, I find that if you google support groups with your condition, you can usually find useful supporting documents which I would include with your supporting documents and any consultants letter.

They may access information on a claimants condition but it is not a risk I would take, I would send the information and a internet link.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Gaddy, UB40 Rumrunner

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #284012 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic LEGACY ESA REVIEW
Thank you Gary, my gut feeling was to send whatever I could:unsure: :unsure: :lol: find that will support my claim.
I feel my life is currently on hold until this review is processed, the guides are so helpful but my stress levels are through the roof right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284024 by Chocolady
Replied by Chocolady on topic LEGACY ESA REVIEW
I always include other stuff such as info from a charity etc as if you have a rare or pretty rare condition the chances the HP will really understand it are small but they cant admit that and it might give them a heads up if they give it a brief read through with the symptoms you are pointing out correlating with what your info states.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy, UB40 Rumrunner

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285894 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic LEGACY ESA REVIEW
Hello All,

An update on my ESA review, I have been placed in the support .group from wrag with no assessment which was a pleasant surprise.
Ironic I am now in the group that seems to be the focus of this Governments attention for all the wrong reasons.
The timeline for this was quite quick by DWP standards but felt like an awfully long time to me-my review form arrived at the DWP on 13/10 and my award letter is dated 27/11.
I am so grateful for the B&W guides which were invaluable when tackling the review, I provided a lot of information on extra sheets, repetitive at times but I was determined to give as much information as possible.
I also included a GP letter which I paid for, ignoring what they say about not paying for extra evidence, a couple of print outs explaining the eating disorder I live with- thank you Gary- and a supporting statement from a friend. Plus I included various letters confirming the treatment I have received and my PIP award letter which is ongoing since 2020.
I have had to go to tribunal twice before to get my ESA reinstated after being awarded 0 points so I am very happy I have avoided that this time. I have however been told by the call centre that my award will be reviewed ' after a year' so its possible I guess I will have to do it all again before I reach retirement age, I am a few weeks away from 64. Bit of a downer on an overall surprisingly good result!
Wishing all the best to those going through similar right now and lots of luck.

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, UB40 Rumrunner

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285903 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LEGACY ESA REVIEW
Hi Gaddy

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done. I hope that you kept a copy of all your hard work for when the review comes around but for now you can take a well deserved rest.

Thank you for all your kind words, the guides are very well written and frequently updated.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @ REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid