× Members

UC migration & wtc & disability element

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #283968 by Andrea Kent
UC migration & wtc & disability element was created by Andrea Kent
I am currently receiving wtc with a disability element and SR DL & HR Mobility of PIP.
I work 28 hours a week, I work from home on a permanent basis. Would I still receive some form of disability element in UC once I am migrated over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #283980 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UC migration & wtc & disability element
Hi Andrea,

I've approved this topic for someone who can answer it, but just wanted to let you know that your full name is on show, rather than a username.
Do you know how to change it ? Or are you happy as it is ?

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #283982 by dancer22
Replied by dancer22 on topic UC migration & wtc & disability element
This is the most useful site I have found for help with doing a manual calculation to see what you might get - www.uceplus.co.uk/step1.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284135 by Lic
Replied by Lic on topic UC migration & wtc & disability element
I saw someone from CAB last week about the transfer. I am self employed working from home over 30 hours a week without profit at present and currently qualify for the disability element of WTC (depression/anxiety and chronic migraine). I was told that because I don't receive PIP I will be transferred straight to the normal amount of UC. (I applied a few years ago for PIP but because of other severe challenges in life at the time didn't take it to appeal even though Welfare Rights thought I should get it.) As you receive PIP I would think you will still receive the disability element. I am losing around £10 a week so need to look at applying for PIP again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrea Kent

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284163 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UC migration & wtc & disability element
Hi Lic,

PIP and Universal Credit are 2 separate payments. What you get on PIP doesn't interfere with UC that I know of - well it certainly hasn't when I've been getting it, unless you have savings of over £6,000 to £16,000, then I believe that they can look into that. Over £16,000, then you're not able to claim UC.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrea Kent, Lic

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284206 by Andrea Kent
Replied by Andrea Kent on topic UC migration & wtc & disability element
Hi Chris,thank you for your reply.
Am not sure how to change it to just show my first name, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.