× Members

Non Epileptic Attack Disorder and PIP review

More
1 year 2 months ago #282479 by must_not_tell_lies
Replied by must_not_tell_lies on topic Non Epileptic Attack Disorder and PIP review
videos yes, then you can always write about them. i have no one else around to witness so its helpful. those extra things heighten my stress when it comes to NEAD which is stress related anyway so it is all linked together for me. the feeling i have of helpnessness when i have one seizure trigger another and another because i know theres little can be done contriubutes to that cycle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #282887 by Anxious Anonymous
Replied by Anxious Anonymous on topic Non Epileptic Attack Disorder and PIP review
You touched upon the subject of always having to ‘manage this condition’. One of my physio letters mentions making steady progress managing NEAD and FND symptoms. But I somehow feel that might go against me?

It’s still affecting my daily life and especially my mental health. I’m not sure lying down at home is effectively managing my symptoms at all tbh.

More
1 year 1 month ago #282893 by Gordon
AA

Out of context, it may be an issue but my first question would be is why would an assessor see this letter?

You might have been assessed as only being unable to walk more than 50m, if the distance you can walk increases from 25m to 40m you would still score the same points, so don't assume that an improvement, assuming it is actually real, changes what you might score.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #282915 by Anxious Anonymous
Replied by Anxious Anonymous on topic Non Epileptic Attack Disorder and PIP review
Hi Gordon,

No you do make a very good point and I am debating which letters to include with my PIP review because I think must not tell lies makes a point how it is a condition you have to constantly manage.

I do have a letter where a psychiatrist wrote my anxiety has reduced, with which I disagree, but other elements of the letter are actually very insightful about my condition.

I suppose in this context, you mean that although there's a reduction in anxiety, it means I can still score points. I would say my reduction is from extreme to severe. So in a sense I can go 25m more or 40m more. etc.

Is that what you mean?

Do you advise including letters like the aforementioned?

More
1 year 1 month ago #282945 by Gordon
AA

Yes, that is what I mean.

You need to consider, for each piece of evidence you supply whether it helps you claim or hurts it on balance, I'm afraid only you can make the decision as to which side of the line each falls.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284301 by Anxious Anonymous
I am struggling to think of a sentence that explains the frequency of the seizures. Also the nature of them has evolved too. It is such a complex condition. I am tempted to ask my neuropsychologist for advice but they said share our details if they want to contact us and that’s all the last time we spoke during therapy.

Do you have any guidance you could offer?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid