× Members

Pip review

More
1 year 2 months ago #281461 by caroline sharp
Pip review was created by caroline sharp
Hi. I am enquiring about my PIP review. Review form received January 2023. I just managed to return the form within DWP time frame, although I did write and ask for an extension. I never heard back from them regarding this.

I did receive a text saying they had received it. Now July and I am still awaiting to hear. How long are other people having to wait? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #281469 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Pip review
Hi caroline sharp,
I am aware that there are considerable delays at DWP, however given it is now well over 6 months I think it might be worthwhile phoning DWP to chase them up and get a progress update. I have many times waited a long time for a DWP response, then phoned them to be greeted with the announcement 'oh yes that was sent off yesterday!' ...so phoning might just hurry things up!

LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 2 months ago #281478 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic Pip review
I sent my review off on 6th June 2022.
I had 3 texts.
I had a telephone assessment on 13th June 2023!!
Reduced award . Decision made on 22nd June . 5th July still waiting for Decision Letter!

Sorry , you might be in for a long wait.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286625 by caroline sharp
Replied by caroline sharp on topic Pip review
Hi. Thank you for your previous reply. Just an update, I had my telephone review pip assessment on 29th December 2023. I was told then it would be 6 to 8 weeks before I hear from them. How ever, about 10 days later I had a call from my assessor asking me more questions and then advised dwp will be in contact in 4 weeks. This phone call wasn't arranged and I told the assessor I was waiting for a phone call that day. There was no apology for this phone call. Now yesterday I received a missed call from dwp. My questions are 1. Do you have to tolerate them ringing without an appointment? 2. Why are they ringing me? Never had this before. Can i insist on am appointment? Many thanks

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286638 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review
Hi Caroline

Yes, if you had an assessment and the assessor has additional questions - they are allowed to do a follow-up phone call. This is unnerving, I know, but it does sometimes happen. It generally happens when the assessor is writing their report and finds they have missed something or they think the claimant hasn't provided sufficient information on an issue. You may feel that you are being got at, but please don't. It is better that if the assessor wanted clarification, they rang and asked you rather than make assumptions that could be incorrect. If you feel that you can't respond to an impromptu telephone call - you can always ask them to arrange a specific time with you that would be more convenient.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286646 by caroline sharp
Replied by caroline sharp on topic Pip review
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid