× Members

Does this mean I will not be forced to attend an assessment?

More
1 year 3 months ago #280905 by Gary
Hi Porridge

Lets hope everything goes ok, fingers crossed.

Look forward to your next report.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porridge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284739 by Porridge
Dear Gary, BIS and other forum moderators and members, I hope youare well and coping with the cold đŸ„¶ and rain ☔. I wanted to update you on my case which in a nutshell is this: I received a review form in March for PIP. This is the chronology of my most recent claim:

~ PIP was due to expire February 2024
~ PIP review form was actually received by me from the DWP in March 2023
~ PIP review form was filled-in by me and sent to the DWP by Special Delivery April 2023
~ PIP decision letter received swiftly from the DWP by me June 2023 (this decision was done on paper-only by DWP only resulting in an identical award and time length was awarded again as last time, no ATOS/Maximus/Capital involvement this time)
~ PIP award was challenged by me by way of a Mandatory Reconsideration request June 2023
~ PIP MR declined and I was informed by the DWP that the PIP level would remain as set July 2023
~ PIP challenged by me by way of lodging an appeal July 2023
~ PIP changed this time favourable by the DWP and Appeal is therefore lapsed in September 2023.

*ITS ALWAYS WORTH APPEALING IF YOU HAVE GOT FRESH, HIGH QUALITY AND PERTINENT MEDICAL EVIDENCE*

Back payment was from June 2023. Although I feel that is should have been from April 2023 when I lodged by PIP review form. But that’s life.

So my journey this time around was a total of six months from receiving the dreaded review form to the final outcome which was an increase in the PIP award without having to go to a tribunal. The length of my particular PIP award should be a life-time because I have lifelong disabilities that I was born with and I will die with, but I will have to bear the stress of having to apply again in four years time because I do not think it is likely that the DWP will reassess the award length only and even if they did, they can just reassess people any time they please.

I made the terrible mistake of using a private “welfare rights” company which was a total rip off, and utterly useless, so I will not be doing that again, beware there are sharks out there waiting to get their hands on your back payments.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am very grateful as always though to the brilliant Benefits and Work moderators (thank you so, so much) and the B&W guides and I cannot recommend the excellent B&W online course modules enough! In my personal experience Benefits and Work, along with your free local welfare rights organisations, are the most trustworthy way to navigate your litigations and disputes with the DWP.

Best wishes to everyone.
Porridge x

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #284762 by BIS
Hi Porridge

Many, many congratulations on getting an increased PIP award right up to the wire, but without having to go to Tribunal - that is so good to hear. Please give yourself a massive pat on the back for sticking with it to get what you believed was right.

I would have expected your back payment only to go back to June 23.

I'm sorry they didn't extend the award length date for you. At least you're going to get a bit of a break, and you can be sure in the knowledge you know how to fight them and win if you have to, and next time, you won't have to waste any money on a private welfare rights company.

And thanks for taking the time to tell everyone about your timeline. It's always good for members to read about positive outcomes.

Congratulations again!

BIS

Tags: @PIP @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porridge

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid