× Members

Has anyone had a quick Pip Decision after a telephone Assesment?

More
1 year 7 months ago #277453 by shocksl
I had mine last week. Receieved a text stating that I will hear within 8 weeks from the DPW.

I guess my question is, has anybody on here had it quicker? or do they usually drag out the full 8 weeks?

Lastly, will there be more assesments i.e face to face , physical examinations etc? Medical checks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #277461 by BIS
Hi shocksl

Eight weeks is an approximate time frame. You may hear earlier, you may hear at exactly the eight-week mark, or it may be even longer.

There won't be any more assessments. If the DWP requires any further information - eg from the GP - they will contact them. (This rarely happens).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 7 months ago #277481 by Ali
Hi, I had my telephone assessment yesterday. Not got a clue how it went and spent half last night mulling it over. This morning l got the text saying they had the assessment report & 6-8 weeks etc. I rang DWP & asked for a copy of the report which they are sending today. It won't give me final answers but l'll have an inkling which way it's going to go & have extra time to work on any further action l might need (hopefully none). Might be worth a call?

More
1 year 7 months ago #277527 by denby
Hi Ali, when you get your PA4, if it is point-losingly inaccurate, if you are quick you can write to contest it. Write to 'The Decision Maker' at last address they wrote from. Avoid ever accusing of lying even if they actually did. Keep it cold and neutral, 'appears to have overlooked,' 'has not taken xy document into account' etc
This can save an MR and appeal - I'm sure it did last time with our daughter [2 tribunals before...].
Hope it isn't necessary but if it is, go for it ASAP. Thanks again to B&W as I learned about this chance on here - DWP don't advertise it!
best,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Dellilah, Ali

More
9 months 1 week ago #286514 by Wezzerm77
The PIP assessor contacts the GP before the telephone (or face to face) appointment. Both my sons received copies of the dwp invoice from our gp, luckily we dont pay lol.

Thankfully, their assessments only lasted under 5 minutes each, she said they had all information to make a decision and just wanted to verify a few questions and the dwp would be in touch in under 6 weeks (this was 2 weeks ago)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
9 months 1 week ago #286515 by Wezzerm77
The dwp told me they can only sent the report AFTER they send the decision letter because people were using the points in the report to work out their award (or no award)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid