× Members

DLA reassessment help

More
8 months 1 week ago #286698 by crawford7
Replied by crawford7 on topic DLA reassessment help
Again I am grateful, to you for your advice . I will let you know how I get on as this may be useful to other folks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 days ago #287166 by crawford7
Replied by crawford7 on topic DLA reassessment help
Good Morning Gordon
This is an update which may be useful to folks in Scotland and for your information .
I contacted Social Security Scotland and asked about the suspension of age criteria when moving from DLA to the Scottish ADP which safeguards Scottish claimants . They did not know of it and there was no provision made when the legislation was framed . Indeed the woman from Social Security Scotland told me she has had folk asking about it that day !! . I have now contacted my local MSP to ask why this was not built into the Scottish legislation as it seriously disadvantages me and no doubt many others . They were not keen to progress it as it clearly shows a grave error however after a full discussion there is now an investigation ongoing as to what occurred . I have asked that retrospective action be taken to remove this obvious error and allow me to be treated like all other claimants on these islands . I do not intend to accept anything other that total equality and will again update you as to developments . The financial loss if unchanged will be considerable to many .

More
8 months 4 days ago #287173 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DLA reassessment help
Hi crawford7,

Thank you for the information and update. I'm sure Gordon will respond to this when he's next online.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid