× Members

ESA and annual drawdown lump sum from pension pot .

More
2 years 4 months ago #270311 by doddy
Hi , Im on contributory ESA support group and i believe any weekly pension payments above £85 effects the amount you get but does annual lump sum drawdowns effect the amount of the ESA payment ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #270345 by Gary
Hi daddy

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

If you receive Contribution Based ESA only then a lump sum payment will not affect your ESA although further ones might, if you take a regular payment then there is an £85/week disregard followed by £1/week deduction for every £2 in excess of the £85.

If you receive Income Related ESA in part or in whole then any lump sum will be treated as capital, see the following

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm.../1073454/dmgch52.pdf

Any regular income will be deducted from your ESA(IR) £ for £.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292444 by Minnie
Can I check that this is still the case please ... I can take one lump sum and still receive the full £138.20 pw ESA Support Group? Thanks for your help.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292459 by Gary
Hi Minnie

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

We cannot answer your question as we do not know which type of ESA you are talking about, we would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid